Aerosmith – Toys in the Attic (1975)
Tardiness etiquette as I understand it:
1. When being fashionably late is considered ‘poor form’:
– A baby going well beyond its due date (I was several weeks overdue…sorry mom)
– Arriving late to one’s own wedding (I was punctual here at least!)
2. When being fashionably late is considered, well, ‘fashionable’:
– Going on stage, after the printed-ticket start time, at the precise moment the audience reaches its peak anticipation before descending into restlessness
– Arriving to a party well into the proceedings and making a grand entrance
Which leads to my question: grand entrance notwithstanding, is arriving 39 years late to a party still considered fashionable?
Hopefully, as that’s how far behind the times I am at joining the Toys in the Attic party! Last year, by comparison, I was relatively early to the Rocks party (finally getting into it a mere 37 years after its release date).
There’s nothing new I can say about these 9 beauts. I’d just be telling the world what they already know.
Though if, by chance, anyone else has yet to RSVP, check this one out. You’ll know the first two from side two, Sweet Emotion & Walk This Way (sans Run DMC). The other 7 of 9 (for the Star Trek: Voyager fans out there) Toys tracks are equally strong, if not stronger.
Like me, I’m sure you’ll be glad to finally join the fun, better late than never!